Consumer Loan Underwriter
Advantage Financial Credit Union seeks a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join our Lending Department. This position reports to the Loan Supervisor and requires strong collaboration with staff in multiple departments and third-party vendors.
This position is responsible for:
- Receiving, reviewing, and underwriting applications for consumer, home equity, and credit card loans.
- Assembling and evaluating loan applications and approving those that meet the lending criteria within approved lending limits.
- Underwriting applications in a timely manner and submitting loan requests above lending approval limits.
- Communicating with applicants or staff to explain credit challenges and obtain additional documentation to assist with the final loan decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities •
- Thorough knowledge of all Credit Union lending products, including the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining an underwriting decisions.
- Review credit reports and income verification to ensure compliance with Credit Union lending policies and guidelines.
- Ability to recognize additional loan opportunities upon credit bureau review.
- Perform processing functions to include calculating debt to income ratios, loan to value ratio, document preparation, and loan disbursement.
- Develop counteroffers to loan applicants to create performing loans.
- Keep member/staff informed of loan status throughout the process, as necessary.
- Accept loan applications from members via telephone and internet.
- Prepare all initial federally regulated disclosures on home equity loans. Ensuring that the borrowers receive documents within three days of receipt of application.
- Assists in all aspects of the loan servicing function including, but not limited to, processing payoffs, document filing, scanning, lien recordings and releases for auto and home equity loans, letter of guarantee, gap claims, debt protection claims and GL payment posting from claims.
Qualifications -The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and can work independently with limited supervision. The candidate should have thorough knowledge and experience in lending, including consumer loans, credit cards, and home equity loans. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must. Knowledge of Symitar Episys a plus.
Anyone is interested in pursuing this position should submit your resume and salary requirements to Tameka Dawson at [email protected]