Loan Solution Representative
Advantage Financial Federal Credit Union seeks a Loan Solution Representative to join the Collections Department. This position reports to the Executive Director of Lending and requires strong collaboration with staff in multiple departments and third-party vendors. Responsible for performing collection activities associated with various delinquent member accounts, consumer loans, mortgage loans, and negative share accounts. This position is responsible for handling credit reporting, loan charge offs, recoveries, bankruptcies, garnishments, levies, incoming and outgoing mail and various other collection duties. This position supports the daily function of the Collection Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review delinquency reports and negative share account reports daily to determine probable reasons for account status.
• Follow up on delinquent loans and negative share accounts by telephone, to secure a satisfactory resolution.
• Discuss members financial situation, inform members of potential legal action and provide financial counseling to arrive at suitable payment arrangements.
• Work with 3rd party collectors and attorneys to provide data and documentation that will assist the collection effort.
• Maintain Unclaimed property rules and regulations for reporting escheatment
• Prepare and submit annual unclaimed property reports and remittances
• Monitor loans to ensure members have adequate insurance coverage to protect collateral and the Credit Union’s interests.
• Process Collateral Protection Insurance (CPI) for non-compliant auto, boat, RV and mortgage loans
• Process debt protection claims and benefit payments for disability, unemployment and death with CUNA Mutual.
• Process Loan payments from 3rd party vendor (propay) website.
• Assist in preparation of monthly board reports.
Position Requirements: General knowledge of loans and ancillary products. Outgoing personality and excellent verbal communication skills required. Collection experience a plus. Qualified candidates may submit their resume to Tameka Dawson via fax (202-737-2992) or email at [email protected].
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Accounting Specialist to work as part of 3 person Accounting team. Position performs a wide range of duties encompassing all aspects of the accounting function including ACH processing, accounts payable, general ledger postings, bank and general ledger reconciliations, ATM settlements and financial statement preparation. Candidate will alternate job functions with colleagues to ensure cross training in all accounting department responsibilities. This position reports to the Controller.
• Perform accounts payable function including obtaining authorizations as appropriate.
• Post to and balance general and/or subsidiary ledgers, process payments and compile segments of the monthly closings and annual reports. Resolve open items.
• Reconcile bank statements and credit union clearing accounts and resolve differences.
• Process Share Drafts and Returned and Incoming Items.
• Update, maintain and balance subsidiary ledgers for fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
• Process and verify cash orders and wire transfers as needed.
• Perform a variety of semi-complex and routine accounting and clerical duties related to the processing of share drafts, ACH functions, ATM settlements, VISA settlements and shared branching settlements.
• Understand ACH processing rules as appropriate to job function. • Research and resolve member inquiries regarding ACH and Share Draft affidavits, stop payments, returned checks, and daily returns.
• Research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Identify potentially more effective methods of work operation.
• Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and complete work in a timely manner.
• Keep management informed of accounting area activities and of any significant problems. Report the status of all account reconciliations to the Controller
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree including accounting coursework or 2 years financial institution accounting/bookkeeping experience. Commensurate experience will be considered. Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, is a must. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and a variety of instructions required along with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skill including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, members and the general public. Candidate should be able to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction. In addition, the candidate should be able to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate. Candidate should have the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
To apply, send resume' and cover letter to [email protected]