Two positions available:
Member Service Representative/Teller
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Advantage Financial Federal Credit Union is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Accounting Manager. This position manages two staff members. Position supervises the daily operations of the accounting function. In addition, this position provides support to the CFO in the areas of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and process improvement. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Supervise and perform accounting functions including accounts payable, bank account reconcilements, general ledger
accountreconciliation, accrued expenses, and fixed asset accounting.
- Supervise and as needed perform settlement functions including ACH processing, share draft processing, ATM network settlements and remote deposit capture processing.
- Supervise the research and resolution of member inquiries regarding ACH and Share Draft affidavits, stop payments, returned checks, and daily returns.
- Ensure accounting department staff is properly trained to perform current job functions as well as providing appropriate cross-training and educations opportunities to advance their skills.
- Research, resolve and continue to monitor all open issues.
- Keep management informed of accounting area activities and of any problems. Report the status of all account reconciliations to the CFO.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for process improvement to enhance efficiency, profitability and/or internal controls.
- Ensure that the department follows all internal controls.
- Ensure department maintains accurate procedures for all department functions.
- Support the development of the credit union’s monthly financial reports and annual budget.
- Assist in the organization’s cash forecasting and management.
- Provides assistance to credit union’s auditors and examiners.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree including accounting coursework plus minimum 4 years of recent financial institution accounting experience is required. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards is required. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Experience with Symitar Episys is a plus. Understand of ACH processing rules as appropriate to job function is a plus. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and a variety of instructions required along with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skill including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, members and the general public.
Company Information: Advantage Financial Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with more than $100 million in assets. Our headquarters is located near the Metro Center subway stop in downtown Washington, DC.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates may submit their resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Service Representative/Teller
Advantage Financial FCU, Washington DC is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve our membership in a Floating Member Service Representative/Teller role. Located close to Metro. Competitive salary, plus travel allowance.
Position Responsibilities: The ideal candidate is responsible for assisting members with information on all Credit Union products and services in a prompt and courteous manner. Processing loan requests and member's financial transactions accurately, timely and professionally while guiding members toward appropriate Advantage Financial products and services.
Position Requirements: Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends. Previous customer service or financial institution experience preferred. Good oral and written communication skills. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Symitar Episys a plus.
Company Information: Advantage Financial is a full-service financial institution with more than $100 million in assets serving employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the DC Community.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates may email resumes to HR@advfcu.org.